Friday, September 16, 2005

Writing, Learning, Studying, Working and Living

I have not been writing on this blog for sometime now. This is for a couple of reasons.
 
One, I have been terribly busy. Two, I thought about if I am adding value by writing this blog to anyone, including myself.
 
I will be finishing my term this week and done with "Leadership Dynamics" and "Creative and Accountable Marketing".
 
In Leadership, the most important learning for me has been that it is all about yourself. It is how oneself can become a better person and become a better leader.
 
I have read a wonderful book called "Synchronicity" by Joseph Jaworski. One of the best books on personal leadership.
 
I found this amazing quote in the book which sums up the entire idea. It is
 
The Way to Do is To Be - Lao Tsu
 
It is such a profound statement. I cannot tell you how much it made a difference. "Being" is "Doing". In a way it is not the tools that you learn, the ideas that you have, the position that you are in. It is all about "What you are as a person" and that will influence the people around you, the ennvironment etc.
 
However, everything starts with "Being".
 
I realized that 'learning' is all about what you can do and not what you can be taught. It is minimal any teacher can teach you. I have come to the MBA here and doing it in a way to enrich myself. I am using the course, the course facilitator, the facilities, the environment, the peer network to create the environment for me to study and learn, about myself and about the world.
 
This is what is making the difference.
 
For Marketing, the University and the course is concentrated on "fast moving consumer goods" or the stuff you get in your supermarket. I am not interested to do that hence, I have decided to do a General MBA with no specialization and fill up my electives with some subjects which will be important in the long run. More about that later.
 
In terms of working, I got a job now. At last. I am working as an "Environmental Project Officer" in the Dept. of Families and Communities in the Govt. of South Australia in implementing the "Greening" program. My job is to create and implement an action plan to conserve energy, water and waste to start with. In a way going with my weblog - www.worldisgreen.com
 
I will be writing now more regularly for a couple of reasons.
 
One, I missed writing the blog. Two, like the comments the previous post there have been others who mailed me about missing the blog! That is a big motivation to know that there are people who value what you write.
 
Look forward to more posts.
 
 
 
 
 

11 Comments:

Blogger CYT said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

16 September, 2005 11:28  
Blogger CYT said...

Glad to see you back, I'm a French student in the US, preparing a Master in International Business, and I ENJOY reading your blog!

16 September, 2005 11:30  
Blogger Suhit Anantula said...

Hi Guys:

Thanks for the encouragment. I will continue to write well.

Chris:

All the best for your MIB.

Cheers,
Suhit

16 September, 2005 11:58  
Blogger aliyaa said...

Well thought content impressed me! I am glad to check out sharing information and accordingly meet with the demands. sentence rephrase generator

26 January, 2017 03:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fearing to commit plagiarism when they quote from other sources during their academic research studies, MA and PhD students often go looking for a professional trusted paraphrasing service provider to use. Which one to use? click here

25 July, 2017 14:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

A dissertation editing service provides professional editing and proofreading services to improve your dissertation. Even if you have completed your rough draft dissertation, a professional dissertation editing service can make all the difference in the final quality of your dissertation. click here

25 July, 2017 21:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guardians might be infatuated of their youngster giving them such offers however it might be put at the forefront of tyke's thoughts that in the event that they will get or have something great in their life by their diligent work with the goal that they will likewise request something for it from their folks.visit website

18 August, 2017 19:45  
Blogger aliyaa said...

visit the site and take more information. You can change the settings if you are not satisfied yet and we will repeat the same process until you are one hundred percent happy with the results.

22 August, 2017 20:53  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is it the individuals we have a tendency to square measure interviewing or the folks that do the interview? generally the individuals we have a tendency to rent simply don't appear to figure out. we have a tendency to produce a series of queries in line with the necessities for that position. What might we have a tendency to be doing differently? rephrasing generator

29 August, 2017 19:23  
Blogger Unknown said...

Creating a fortunate resume is not any simple effort. It takes plenty of your time and energy, to not mention you would possibly ought to undergo many rewrites before it's been formed. The goal of a resume is to showcase your abilities ANd land you an interview. online paragraph rewriter

29 August, 2017 20:54  
Blogger aliyaa said...

Smart work! Really interesting to read the article! You deserve great appreciation and expect many more good quality articles from you! Keep writing! http://www.mbaessayproofreading.com/

23 September, 2017 00:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home